June 5, 2020
Grace Church Friends & Family,
Thank you so much for your faithful commitment to God and His church throughout this coronavirus pandemic. Despite times of uncertainty, God is sovereignly watching over His church family giving peace, joy and hope for the future.
want to give you an update about our next step at Grace Church.
We will re-open the building for in-person
on Sunday morning, June 7th at 10:00 AM.
People share different opinions about how restricted these measures should be, but I am asking you to please make every effort to follow our guidelines in order to be considerate to all who may be attending.
General Considerations for Everyone:
- For the next few weeks, the morning worship service will be limited for one hour from 10:00 – 11:00 AM.
- You will be asked to enter the main north doors, but to exit out the side exits so there is no face to face traffic in the hall ways.
- If you or a family member has a fever or feels ill in any way, we ask that you please do not attend. PLEASE STAY HOME AND GET WELL!
- The building has been cleaned in the past 48 hours with special emphasis on sanitizing areas that are frequently touched.
- All of the auditorium chairs have been cleaned and sanitized.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the restrooms and in the back of the auditorium. Please sanitize your hands when entering the auditorium.
- Please refrain from shaking hands or hugging. Be respectful of one another.
- Maintain practical physical separation as much as possible.
- Feel free to wear a face mask throughout the service. Masks will not be provided.
- In order to minimize congestion, please don’t congregate inside the hallway.
- Following the morning service, we encourage you to go outside and enjoy time to fellowship with the church family.
- Offering baskets will not be passed around during the service. Please use the three offering boxes located on the back wall.
- You can still continue to use the free secure online giving via the church website – hisgrace.com
Parents with Children:
- There will be no children’s church ministry at this time.
- One of the reasons for the one-hour worship service is in consideration of parents with young children who are attending.
- Children, ages 4 years and up, will sit with their parents in the auditorium for the entirety of the morning worship service – from 10:00 – 11:00 AM.
- Activity packets are available at the back of the sanctuary for your child to have during the service.
- Classrooms will be provided if your child gets restless during the service.
- Our children’s pastor, Kim Mauldin, will be available in the back to assist you and your child with any needs you may have.
- Parents are asked to please accompany your child to the restroom in order to ensure their hands are washed, etc.
For those who are not ready to publicly gather just yet, please stay connected online until you are ready to return.
- We will be streaming LIVE this Sunday morning at 10:00 AM
- This will be our first live stream broadcast – please be patient as we work the ‘bugs” out!
- The broadcast will be available on YouTube --- find “Grace Church of Lakeland”.
- Links will also be on the church website
at hisgrace.com and on the Grace Church Facebook page.
I am so proud of our church family during this difficult season. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we return to meeting together on Sunday, June 7th.