Cups Of Cold Water
Cups Of Cold Water Project is a ministry of Grace Church under the personal oversight of former Pastor Mike Williams.
Core values we have adopted as the foundation of our daily operation:
1. Matthew 10:42 explained that the followers of Jesus would be rewarded, even for the cups of cold water (kindness) they gave to those in His name. We have a feeding program for those living at the city dump, the poorest of the poor, who are mainly the Haitian earthquake refugees who have nothing to go back to. We provide clean water and hot, vitamin enriched soup for them. Also, we bring along a Haitian Pastor to speak with each person individually.
2. James 1:27 explained that true devotion to God is demonstrated by taking care of the widows and the orphans. We import wheelchairs, canes and walkers for a home that cares for seniors who have no family. We also assist in the weekly funding of food for a local orphanage.
3. Matthew 25:37 talks about providing for medical needs and the visiting of prisoners. We have provided water purification units for entire communities and have partnered with a medical clinic to provide medical care for those we work with. We do not believe in asking you to build a medical center when we can partner with one that is already fully staffed. We must be faithful with the resources that God gives us and learn to work together. In reciprocation, we provide ministry services for the medical mission. Each week we are allowed by the local prison system to conduct a service for the prisoners. We gladly do that. We are able to provide medication for them as well.
4. Proverbs 22:6 reminds us that when we train a child in the paths of God, they will always remember those paths. Our educational programs teach children the Bible. We also teach English, Math, Earth Science, Farming, Aquaponics, Business Education, and trade related studies to prepare them for successful life right here in their own country. Upon completion of the construction projects of the fall of 2012 and the summer of 2013, we will provide daily classes at the two Community Center Church locations.
5. II Timothy 2:15 declares that we are to study the word of God so that we can explain it with clarity to others. Around the globe, most Pastors have had less than one hour of Biblical training. That is a tragedy. We offer University level Bible courses each week at campuses on the north coast and in Santo Domingo. We use the work of the ThirdMill.org group and we also use a Spanish version of The Ken Davis Dynamic Communicator Workshop to teach the art of effective teaching. We also provide special workshops with speakers from the US who have special areas of expertise.
6. Jesus’ final command was, “Go!" (Mt. 28) Add that to His focus on preaching the good news of the gospel to the poor (Mt. 11:5), and what do you have? You have the reason that we have a movie truck the goes into the poorest communities EVERY week (not just when visiting teams are here) to present powerful media presentations about the life of Christ and the life of a Christian.
This is the daily work of the Cups of Cold Water Project. Any gifts you give through the church will go directly to the project. Mike and Terica supply their own funds to maintain their personal expenses involved with the Cups Of Cold Water ministry. The other missionaries that work alongside us in the DR do the same. We attempt to use national pastors for much of the daily work of the ministry. The expenses in the DR are derived from the following:
1).Construction cost of materials (concrete block, cement, aluminum, cable)
Haitian and Dominican labor and oversight
2).Fuel for vehicles used and travel costs
3).Equipment for churches
4).Funding gifts for poor pastors
5).Water treatment equipment
6).Dominican teachers and translators
Supplies for the daily operation of the work listed above (1 - 6)
Please help in any way that God would lead you.